Buying boxing gloves on a budget? You do not have to resort to supermarket grade gloves. There are a variety of value picks that could exceed your expectations. This guide on the best boxing gloves under 50 will help you find the top value picks available for a limited budget.
If you do not have the budget for high end gloves, you can still accrue value from a number of affordable options that belie their price point. You can even get a stellar pair of boxing gloves for under 50, which is the main criteria we are using for this review. If you only have a limited budget but still want to enjoy boxing training and sparring, this in depth assessment of models in a lower price point will be well suited for your needs. The best boxing gloves under 50 are comfortable even when used for lengthy sessions, durable and well padded for impressive protection. Our guide explores the top 10 picks for limited budgets, but also provides a thorough criteria to help you find the right gloves for your needs. We also explore different types of boxing training to help get you started on a potentially beneficial journey.
Check on Amazon
ARD Champs boxing gloves
Ringside Apex boxing gloves
Ringside Lace IMF Tech Training gloves
Heavy duty IMF padding
Brace Master Heavy Bag boxing gloves
Hawk boxing gloves
Title Boxing Pro Style leather training gloves
All round performer
Title Classic Super bag gloves
Everlast Pro Style training boxing gloves
Everlast Elite Protex 2 Training gloves
Sanabul Essentials Gel boxing gloves
Effective gel padding
The stylish ARD Champs boxing gloves feature a very attractive aesthetic that combines well with the value on offer. These gloves are made with a synthetic leather exterior and high end craftsmanship. While they are not as hardy as models featuring genuine leather, these gloves will ensure great consistency and longevity for their price point. They feature a very impressive heavy duty foam padding that ensures complete protection even with tougher workouts. As an added benefit, the gloves also offer thumb protection that keeps both you and your sparring partners safe in the ring. The ARD Champs boxing gloves could be a great value buy for your needs.
- Compatible with machine washing
- Very stylish aesthetic
- Value buy at its price point
- Durable and hardy build
- Synthetic exterior is not as tough as genuine leather on some options
Sparring gloves a an entry price point that are versatile enough for bag work as well are few and far between. The Ringside Apex boxing gloves is a great quality pick that sets the standard for sparring gloves under 50. These comfortable gloves feature IMF padding, which offers better all round protection than either gel or foam padding. The gloves feature a breathable and moisture wicking lining that ensures they stay comfortable throughout their use. These gloves are available in a large selection of color choices, making them ideal for a custom fit. If you are interested in a pair primarily for sparring, the Ringside Apex boxing gloves is well suited for your needs.
- IMF padding for heavy duty protection
- Great choice for both bag work and sparing
- Safety features for added protection
- Available in a large selection of custom colors
- Synthetic leather exterior is not the most durable
The Ringside Lace IMF Tech Training gloves are similar to their predecessor in most ways, including the high density but supple IMF padding. Unlike the Ringside Apex gloves, these options feature an exclusive lace closure. While lace gloves have been around for the longest time, they will generally be tougher to put on without any help. Aside from this minor inconvenience, the Ringside Lace IMF Tech Training gloves will offer an otherwise stunning performance for budget glove options. If you are looking for a versatile pair that exclusively features a lace closure, the Ringside Lace IMF Tech Training gloves could be what you need.
- Great quality materials used
- Heavy duty IMF padding for greater protection
- Comfortable and very snugly fitting
- Will take some time to put on and may need assistance
If you are interested in a starter pair of gloves, the Brace Master Heavy Bag boxing gloves could be an ideal option. They are designed for heavy bag action, which makes them slightly bulkier than other sleek options featured. They will deliver a great performance with the right use, and can outlast other lighter options featured. The heavy duty gloves offer great breathability, allowing for consistent use even with very lengthy sessions. These gloves are built to withstand heavy action, which makes them a great option that will not need to be replaced quickly. If you are looking for a hardy pair of bag gloves, the Brace Master Heavy Bag boxing gloves will offer great service.
- Heavy duty padding for added protection
- Great breathable build
- Comfortable gloves offer anti-odor action
- Very durable pick
- Can be heavier than other options featured
The Hawk boxing gloves are one of the most breathable options available under 50. The gloves feature anti-wicking action to keep cool and dry throughout their use. The pinhole palm set up should enhance your level of comfort even with consistent use. These gloves feature gel padding which molds over your natural fist shape to provide great padded protection. The gel works to dissipate impact, allowing for a relatively low risk experience. If you are in the market for an elegant and comfortable pick, the Hawk boxing gloves will serve you well.
- Gel padding molds over your fist
- Great quality protection and support
- Can be machine washed
- Offers great breathability
- Sizing can be slightly challenging
Title Boxing Pro Style leather training gloves are sleek and comfortable while providing superb impact absorption rates. These gloves are made from a tough leather exterior, allowing for durable use even with harder hits. The gloves stay consistently comfortable, allowing you to engage in training for longer without any worries of odor or sweat build up. Thanks to the secure Velcro closure, these gloves will offer high value wrist protection as well. They are great for extended comfort, and feature very high end construction. Even though the gloves’ logo is very prominent, the Title Boxing Pro Style leather training gloves will deliver an otherwise exemplary performance for your needs.
- Great for pain-free and protected training
- Anti-wicking inner lining offers increased breathability for great all round comfort
- High quality construction and finish
- Secure closure for minimal interruptions
- Some customers have complained of a very tight fight, so finding the right size is important
Title Classic Super bag gloves are hardy bag mitts that feature an all leather exterior. These gloves are amongst the most hardy options on a budget. They deliver impressive protection, thanks to the tough and multilayered padding beneath the genuine leather coat. The gloves are comfortable, but they are not as breathable as some options we’ve covered. The Title Classic Super bag gloves will deliver great value for people who are looking for a very effective impact absorption bag glove that is also suitable for versatile use. The gloves will help you get training without any risk of injury to your hands even with heavy duty application.
- Durable leather exterior for added value
- Great shock absorption rates
- Offers impressive protection and support
- Not as breathable as some of the most comfortable picks featured
The Everlast Pro Style training boxing gloves will offer a great performance in terms of comfort and a secure fit. They are the easiest gloves to put on and take off for any option we’ve covered, and will stay cool and dry thanks to Everlast’s patented technology. These gloves feature heavy duty padding, which works to boost the quality of protection offered. They will not be compatible with machine cleaning, but they are easier to clean than leather options. The Everlast Pro Style training boxing gloves are a leading choice for people looking to enjoy the Everlast quality and leading technology of higher end picks on a very well priced option.
- Very durable thanks to great quality materials
- Easy to put on and take off
- Very secure padding for added protection
- Comfortable and breathable gloves
- Tougher to clean than machine washable options
The Everlast Elite Protex 2 Training gloves are a great value pick for people looking for an ideal all rounder within this price point. The heavily padded gloves feature Everlast’s C3 foam and EverGel technology for effective impact dissipation and great overall value. The gloves are consistently comfortable thanks to EverCool and EverDri technology that works to enhance their breathability. The gloves will meet your light to medium duty needs for any type of use. These gloves feature an anatomical grip, reducing the risk of injury to your wrists even further. If you are interested in a high value budget friendly pick, the Everlast Elite Protex 2 Training gloves will be ideal for you.
- C3 foam padding technology for added protection
- EverCool and EverDri technology for high end breathability
- Dual collar support panel for increased support
- Effective EverGel technology for dissipating impact
- Not the best for heavy duty action
If you are looking for a value option with thickened gel padding, the Sanabul Essentials Gel boxing gloves could be well suited for you. These highly comfortable and breathable gloves will remain cool and dry throughout your use, allowing you to last longer in your training and sparring. They are versatile and well suited for light to medium duty use, and will offer a great performance for the money. The Sanabul Essentials Gel boxing gloves is a comfortable and trusted alternative to bigger names featured on this list.
- Offers great anti-microbial action
- Comfortable and consistently breathable
- Multiple sizes for a very comfortable fit
- Great gel padded protection
- Will take some time to break in
With so many glove options available, it is important to develop a criteria to help you find the best value option for your needs. There are a few key factors that you could explore beyond the price of your gloves to hep you find what you need. This is a breakdown on the key factors to consider when looking into a pair of boxing gloves for your needs.
The sizing of your gloves will determine the quality of their fit, and may dictate the comfort levels. Even if a pair of gloves is comfortable, you will have a hard time enjoying the experience if the gloves are too big or too small. You need to find an ideal size to ensure comprehensive protection against injury as well, with loose and tight gloves proving ineffective at dissipating impact. Unlike clothing, which is available in distinct sizes, gloves will depend on your weight class. You should look into a sizing chart for every specific pair you consider to make sure you can find a compatible pair of gloves for your needs.
Did you know that color can have a psychological effect on your performance with gloves? Red options and fighters’ favorite colors have been identified as providing a psychological edge. If you are facing a bout in future, your color choice could help you start bouts on the front foot. That said, the quality and durability of your gloves will play an even more significant role. You should consider the materials used as well as the nature of construction. A great value pair should be hardy and durable, ensuring great protection and support to your hands, thumbs and wrists. You should consider genuine leather picks, but polyurethane and other synthetic options offer value for short to medium term use.
Are you taking up the right training for boxing? You will not become a skilled professional overnight, and would need to apply yourself in a variety of training efforts to ensure comprehensive growth and improvement. If you are interested in boxing, these are a few key training exercises that you need to incorporate into your workout.
- Sparring is the best training for a realistic experience of a human opponent. It allows for a simulation of fin ring conditions, which can be ideal for a wealth of experience. Sparring engages more muscles and with higher intensity than regular training efforts, which may be key to developing your skills. Remember to stay safe when sparring and only to do so under the watch of an experienced trainer if you are relatively new at it.
- If sparring is great for defense, mitts training can be crucial to sharpening your attack. Hitting the mitts allows you to shape your punching technique, which can be crucial for fighters. It can also help you build endurance if you keep practicing for lengthy sessions at a go.
- Shadowboxing is criminally underrated when it is a leading way to develop your speed, footwork and balance. While it lacks a direct opponent -human or bag, it can be done anywhere. You can even shadowbox as you research your next pair of gloves!
- The double end bag offers a great compromise for people who are looking for a break from repetitive speed bags and potentially painful heavy bags. It can be a great tool to develop accuracy, arm conditioning and hand speed in general.
Picking a single option from this list of the best budget options under 50 was challenging because each choice offers great individual value. These gloves offer the performance of models at a higher price point, making them great options for a variety of needs. The quality of the IMF padding on the Ringside Lace IMF Tech Training gloves and the classic laced up style make for a very attractive pair. While they will take some time to put on, these comfortable gloves will fit very securely. They also offer high quality support, which makes them our top pick for the best boxing gloves under 50 by a hair’s width.