The right socks will play a bigger role in helping you improve your game than you think. This comprehensive buying guide on the best socks for boxing boots will help you know how, and offer a breakdown on some of the best options available today!
Can socks make you a better boxer? Former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson famously went without them for a large selection of fights, but many others before and after him preferred wearing socks with their boxing boots. Fighters will often wear very little for bouts, but socks end up being overlooked anyway. They can provide increased support and protection, and may improve your overall stability. With the best socks for boxing boots, you may be able to boost your performance in the ring. Socks are commonplace, and there are so many options available. There are many different specialized options for unique tasks, which means that not all socks are ideal for boxing. How will you know what socks are right for you? We cover the top 10 best socks for boxing shoes, as well as provide a criteria to help you find the best option for your needs every time.
Check on Amazon
Roar Neoprene training socks
NICool Anti-Blister Moisture Wicking Athletic Ankle Socks
WYOX Foot Guard Pro Compression socks
Dragon Do Ankle Support Socks
Nike Dri-Fit Cushioned Training Socks
Good Luck Boxing Glove Crew Sock
RBX Active No Show Socks
TITLE Elite Competition Socks
Rockay Accelerate Anti-Blister Socks
Good Luck No Show Socks
The Roar Neoprene training socks are a great option for activities that may require greater traction than regular walking because they are designed for added grip. These socks are comfortable, light and breathable. They provide an ankle support feature, allowing fighters to lower the risk of sprains and other injuries as well as take up training when carrying minor knocks without worries of any aggravation. The Roar Neoprene training socks are ideal for unrestricted blood flow around your feet when training or in the ring, and feature AeroTherm technology to keep them cool and comfortable through their use. You may need to clean the socks regularly after use to reduce the risk of odor buildup.
- Very comfortable sock will stretch for a better fit
- Silicon innovation technology offers increased compression and support
- Great grip for minimal risk of slipping
- Available in different sizes
- Not the most durable option
The NICool Anti-Blister Moisture Wicking Athletic Ankle Socks are barely visible in your boxing boots, and they can be a great pick for people looking for a decent pair of socks that offers support without taking center stage in their gear. The anti-blister socks offer great moisture wicking efficiency, allowing you to remain cool and dry even with heavy duty use. The socks are comfortable , and are designed to fit all feet sizes. The NICool Anti-Blister Moisture Wicking Athletic Ankle Socks also feature arch support for reduced foot fatigue, which facilitates longer sessions. They have a great visual aesthetic, and feature 3D printing to ensure that they never fade even with regular use and maintenance.
- Value buy for all round performance
- Cool and dry throughout heavy duty use
- Anti-blister and arch support technology for a great experience
- Attractive aesthetics
- Not as great at sweat wicking as higher end alternatives
The WYOX Foot Guard Pro Compression socks are a great option for people looking for a high performance pick for boxing boots. These socks will deliver a great experience for boxers thanks to the high quality support provided. They are very powerful compression socks, and will provide great all round protection for your ankles. The WYOX Foot Guard Pro Compression socks are designed with a comfort panel and in nan ergonomic style that serves to make them both stylish and functional for boxing. They are breathable, comfortable and suited for boxers who may experience sweaty feet often.
- Budget friendly compression socks offer great value
- Discreet and comfortable fit
- Very sleek design for optimal support and protection
- Every single sleeve is sold separately
The Dragon Do Ankle Support Socks are a pair of compression option that may be well suited for boxers. These combat sport socks feature fortified stitching, allowing for added durability and greater protection with use. They are very well made, although the logo might not be as sturdy as the rest of the sock. The Dragon Do Ankle Support Socks deliver high quality support at a budget friendly price, which makes it a hard to beat option. The compression socks will lower the risk of injury when training or in the ring, as well as break down any sweat and odor build up for a comfortable experience.
- Extra stitching for a durable and fortified design
- Very comfortable and breathable
- Available in kid-friendly sizes
- Some customers have complained of the logo coming off after a few washes
The heavy duty Nike Dri-Fit Cushioned Training Socks are suited for boxing boots thanks to their increased protection and support. The socks, which deliver an impressive level of support, are available in larger sizes. They deliver high quality compression and protection, reducing the risk of injury when boxing. The Nike Dri-Fit Cushioned Training Socks feel a bit thinner than a other options, but they will deliver a satisfactory performance. They are also available as a pack of 3 pairs, which offers great value for a hassle free maintenance schedule. If you are looking for a quality pair for your boxing needs, the Nike Dri-Fit Cushioned Training Socks could be a high value pick.
- Very comfortable and breathable performance socks
- Reinforced socks offer great support and protection
- Secure fit for minimal disruption
- Comes in 3 pairs for added value
- No smaller sizes available
The first option by a great brand for sport socks, Good Luck Boxing Glove Crew Sock are a value buy for people who are also looking for a novelty design. You no longer have to wear plain compression socks for boxing thanks to the stylish aesthetic of these socks and similar alternatives available. The Good Luck Boxing Glove Crew Sock are very comfortable, with a reinforced toe and heel for added durability and support. The socks are also very well priced, making them an unbeatable value buy for your boxing boots. You should only consider the socks if you fall between sizes 7-12, since the line only supports a limited range of fighters’ feet.
- Reinforced for added durability
- Very comfortable and breathable
- Stylish aesthetic
- Only fits size 7-12 shoe sizes
While the RBX Active No Show Socks are designed only for sizes 10-13, they deliver a quality performance for heavy duty use that makes them a great pick for boxing boots. These socks are comfortable, lightweight and available in sufficient pairs to meet your boxing needs. The RBX Active No Show Socks are also very covert for a convenient in-boot fit, ideal for people who want to wear socks without them interfering with the gear coordination. The budget friendly nature combines with the performance and multiple pairs to make the RBX Active No Show Socks a great pick for your boxing boot needs.
- Available as a pack of 6 pairs
- Value for money buy
- Comfortable and even with rigorous use
- Not ideal for people with smaller feet
Made by a great brand for boxing products, the TITLE Elite Competition Socks are a budget friendly option that delivers impressive performances on your feet. These lightweight socks are made from an acrylic, nylon and elastic blend that is highly breathable and elastic. The socks will stay comfortable through lengthy sessions, thanks to the sweat wicking fabric and anti-blistering design. These socks offer great arch and heel support as well, which ensures a lower risk of foot fatigue. They are designed for a great grip, and could be a great companion for people who are looking for a trusted budget option.
- Comfortable and breathable
- Arch and ankle support for added value
- Special seams for anti-blistering with heavy use
- Quality sweat wicking for added comfort
- Some customers have complained of a very tight fit
If merino wool was not slightly irritating for people who do not enjoy wool, the Rockay Accelerate Anti-Blister Socks would be our top pick for the best socks for boxing boots. The socks are so hardy that the brand offers a lifetime guarantee on them, indicating just how durable they are. The socks perform well for boxing needs, with a breathable build and very snug fit. The socks wick moisture and stay dry even with heavy duty use, which makes them suited for rigorous activity with your boxing boots. The anti-blister padding and arch support reduce the risk of injury and ensure great comfort with a very durable pair of socks.
- Very breathable and comfortable
- Extra padding for added arch support
- Lifetime guarantee for the most durable socks featured
- Merino wool can be uncomfortable for some
Your socks do not have to be plain and boring, even when they are an in-boot fit. The second option by the brand, the Good Luck No Show Socks feature a great visual aesthetic that makes them a very exciting option for people looking to spice up their gear. The no show socks are also very comfortable and well designed to handle the demands of rigorous workouts and bouts. They are anti-slip and anti-blistering, allowing for great value for your boxing use. These socks are stretchable for a snug fit, but they are only ideal for shoe sizes 7-12. They could be a great alternative to other plain options we’ve featured on this list.
- Very comfortable and durable
- Anti-slip silicone heel for added value
- Great visual aesthetic
- Not available in multiple sizes
Socks are a commonplace clothing item, and can be perceived as being very easy to find. There are so many socks options available on the market, that you just wont have trouble finding a pair for boxing, right? Wrong. The wrong socks for boxing boots will increase your risk of foot fatigue and injury, and may even rob you of a feel of your ground which can make it harder to move about. It is very important to find the right pair for your boxing boots to enjoy great value. So, what should an ideal pair of socks for boxing boots offer?
You can wear long or no show socks to your training and bout, provided they remain comfortable throughout. A great fit is central to any gear, and this is no different with your socks. If your socks are the wrong size, they could hinder your comfort level and may affect the effectiveness of your training efforts. The right socks need to be available in your size, and offer a consistently fitting experience. You will not have to readjust your socks or experience great discomfort if they fit right.
For a pair of socks to be comfortable, they also need to be breathable. Sweat build up will cause your feet to be clammy and uncomfortable, and may even increase the risk of slipping. An ideal pair of socks for your needs should also feature reinforced seams and padding around the ankles, heel and arch. This will ensure great levels of support when in use
A high level of comfort , support and breathability are some of the key aspects to consider when buying socks for boxing boots.
If you are interested in boxing, you will have to improve your footwork before you are ring ready. Footwork is a big problem for many people, with even the average amateur level competition boxer struggling for form. So how can you break the cycle and stand out with decent footwork? Here are a few key pointers that you need to consider.
- Always wear boxing shoes. The best boxing shoes will offer a world of difference in mobility and support, allowing you to move with less inhibition and help you to get a better grasp of the space around you.
- Jumping rope will help improve your footwork, endurance, power, muscle condition and a host of other important metrics. You need to take up rope jumping immediately as part of your boxing training to improve your footwork .There is a reason why it is so regularly depicted in boxing films!
- Learn your body movements ad strengthen your core. There are no independent upper and lower body movements, with each one connected to parts you wouldn’t otherwise associate it with. For instance, you cannot punch without your legs, or run without your hands. Understanding your body and strengthening your core will be key to better movement and footwork.
- Remember to keep your stance narrow since this requires less energy to maintain and allows for a greater range of motion. You should also take up smaller steps as well, and look to reduce the distance you cover as much as possible.
While we recommend that you wear your shoes to improve your movement, strategic barefoot training can also be a great addition to your regime. You do not need to take it up regularly either, with a single barefoot session every week providing immense value. Here is how you could stand t gain by going barefoot occasionally.
- Barefoot training will improve proprioception, the unconscious understanding f space and movement around us, allowing for stable and more natural movements
- Barefoot training will stabilize your muscles and increase their strength
- Barefoot training will improve mobility, flexibility and arch support
- Barefoot training reduces the risk of injury to your ankles, knees and hips
- Barefoot training reduces the risk of corns, bunions, athlete’s foot and other conditions. It also allows for longer use of your gear and better maintenance
It is hard to look beyond TITLE Elite Competition Socks for the best socks for boxing boots. These well crafted anti-blistering socks are designed by a brand that focuses on sport gear, which guarantees a high performance option that will deliver expected results every time. The competition friendly socks offer great slip resistance and sweat wicking action, allowing you to keep a grip of the ground beneath your feet while staying comfortable. They are also available in a variety of sizes, which allows you to find a custom fit that is just right for your feet. The TITLE Elite Competition Socks can be the next step to improving your stability and movement, which will be crucial to helping you growing your game.